Thursday, October 13, 2011

Review: CAO Cameroon Toro

Brand: CAO
Name: Cameroon
Vitola: 5 ½ x 55 Toro
Origin: Nicaragua
Wrapper: Cameroon
Filler: Nicaraguan
Binder: Nicaraguan
Body: Full
Time of Smoke: 1:20
MSRP: $6-7
Price: $3.06+
Purchased: Tobacco Village

Intro:
I bought this stick right before I came back to school, so it’s been just about a month. When I bought it, the stick was very soft, and after a month in my humidor I was able to get it back to a respectable feel. Now I’m very partial to two cigars, Montecristo and CAO, I absolutely love them. The Montecristo is my favorite brand, and the CAO brand was one of the first cigars that I started smoking. So I’ll be as unbiased as a can with this one! Unfortunately i don't have any pictures for this smoke, my camera died on me just as i was lighting this one up.
Appearance & Construction: 23/25
The Cameroon wrapper was as close to flawless as I’ve seen in a good while, the veins were no problem here, nor were there any raised spots at all. The cap was solid, with very little difference in color from the wrapper. The only flaw in this cigar was the fact that it was still a little too soft for my liking, and even with my best cutter it left me with some tobacco in my mouth. The initial draw was good, and i could tell this smoke was going to be a solid stick.

Smoking Experience: 27/30
This stick lit up without problems, and the smoke drew with ease from this stogie. The first third was very smoky which I was pleased with, and I got heavy notes of chocolate and undertones of some spices I couldn’t quite identify. The second third continued to smoke well, and left me with a chocolate note, as well as coffee, and those same undertones of spices. From the midway point on this stick had a lot strength and the notes were very prevalent. The burn throughout was very solid and the ash lasted well over an inch both times.

Price: 19/20
By far the best discount I’ve gotten in a while, and although this cigar store always lets me down in terms of condition, they have the dirt cheap prices. At 3 bucks, I’ll keep buying them all day! Even at MSRP they are worth it.
Overall: 23/25
Overall, this smoke is a keeper! I found no real flaws, except for the softness of the stogie, but with a little more aging that wouldn’t have been a problem. The flavors were strong, the smoke was thick, draw easy, and the burn very good. I have nothing bad to say about the Cameroon, and I would recommend this one to any cigarnivore!

Rating: 92

No comments:

Post a Comment