Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Review: Bahia Trinidad Pancho

Brand of Cigar: Bahia
Name of Cigar: Trinidad
Vitola: Robusto 5 1/2 x 52
Wrapper: Ecuador
Binder: Nicaragua
Filler: Nicaragua
Body: Medium
Time of Smoke: 1 hour
MSRP Price: $2-2.25 per stick $104 per box
Purchase Price: $40
Place of Purchase: Cigarbid.com

Intro:

I've had the Bahia Trinidad's before and for a cheap smoke i remembered them being fairly good, so i decided to buy a 5 pack on cigarbid and try them out again. So here i am, with my friend whose smoking a Felipe Gregorio, in our breezeway.


                                              
 Appearance/Construction: 22/25

I tore through the plastic on this stick like it was Christmas. I’ve been busy the last few days, so I’m going through stogie withdrawal. This cigar had been sitting in my humidor for about a month so it was firm, with just a little bounce to it. The wrapper was a light brown shade, with no veins or imperfections. The cap was solid, but left a little tobacco on the tip even with my best cutter. After the cut, I noticed that the cigar wasn’t very tightly wrapped, as evidence in this picture.



Smoking Experience: 22/30

Lighting this stogie up with excitement, I found the first third to be very peppery, with a small leathery note, as well as a woodsy note as well. It had a wavy burn through this third, but still pulled a good amount of smoke. Once it reached the second third, most of the notes had faded and left me with the peppery taste. At this point it was already started to leave the tip of my tongue hot each time I drew smoke. The ash was a dark grey, and ran about an inch long each time.



 Value: 18/20

The Bahia Trinidad Pancho isn’t a very expensive cigar, running at an MSRP of around 2 dollars. I got a bundle on Cigarbid for $40, or 2 dollars per stick. So I really didn’t buy them at much of a discount, but still cheap is cheap!

Overall Rating: 23/25

Overall, this cigar had no real flaws, but then again had nothing really going for it either. The construction and appearance, while it wasn’t bad at all, didn’t leave my wowed. Its taste wasn’t bad either, but yet again nothing special. If you want a cigar to smoke while you’re doing something, then I suggest this one. This cigar is one I’d be smoking while I’m fishing, or grilling out. Not one I’d plan my day around.

Rating: 85

No comments:

Post a Comment